Sunday, September 29, 2013

Bird Talk

By Lita Judge

This book has an almost poetic feel for some of the pages. The author mentions in the back cover that she always wanted to know what birds were saying. This book is completely about birds and what they're calls mean. Some birds boast things like, "I'm the strongest," or say things like "pick me!" The pages include all kids of different birds and and how they communicate. Penguins learn the sound of each others voices to communicate between family members. A flamingo peeps before it has even hatched!

I liked this book a lot. The pages were full of a lot of information, but were accompanied by very interesting text. The book is very wordy, but not to the point where I wouldn't introduce it in and early elementary classroom. It's also just full of really cool facts! I think the majority of the pieces of information in this text would be interesting to most kids. I've always wondered what makes birds communicate the way they do, and this book explains it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment