Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Jolly Postman

By Janet and Alan Ahlberg

The Jolly Postman follows the postman of the fairy tale world for a day. Not only do we get to visit the characters we're familiar with, but we also get to read their mail. Golilocks writes a  letter to Baby Bear, and the giant gets a post card from Jack. Kids can flip each page and read every letter. And the letters aren't just written on the page, they are in envelops that can be opened! Kids can take the letters out of book, unfold them and read them as if they were actual letters.

I love this story because of how engaging it is. As a kid I always wanted to read the mail, and in this book, they get to. I think students would love this book. Of course because of the pieces the book has it would need to be kept in a special place, but I would really like the kids in my class to get the chance to read and enjoy this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment